Another interesting product revealed just in time for the NAMM show this week is Mackie’s DL1608 16-channel live sound mixer that allows you to mix wirelessly from an iPad. Because sound guys & girls need another excuse to NOT be by the board when working live events!
All kidding aside, this hardware/software unit could actually ease a lot of the communication between the talent and the sound engineer by making it easier to mix portably and listen/work from anywhere in the room. Which could possibly lead to better sounding gigs and if that can happen, everyone wins. Now if we could only get venues to invest in better sound…ahem.
- 16 Onyx mic preamps
- High-end Cirrus Logic converters
- Ultra low-noise, high-headroom design
- 6 aux sends for monitor mixes
- Master L/R output for mains
- Powerful, touch-sensitive plug-ins
- 4-band EQ, gate and compression on inputs
- 31-band GEQ and comp/limiter on outputs
- Global reverb and delay
- Seamless wired to wireless mixing
- Tune the room from anywhere
- Get on stage to ring out monitors
- Personal monitor mixing
- Use up to 10 iPad devices simultaneously
Total Control from Your iPad:
- Intuitive Master Fader app
- ‘Grow and Glow’ visual feedback
- Preset and snapshot recall
- Record the mix to the iPad for instant sharing
- Integrate music from any app into the mix
Check out the DL1608 in what could quite possibly the funniest audio product video ever.